For a PDF version of my resume, click here.
Sept. 2015—Current | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
On-air host / producer / reporter, The Sun Sentinel / SouthFlorida.com – largest circulating newspaper in South Florida and 2013 Pulitzer Prize-winner
- Spearheaded weekly Facebook Live series called “What’s Up South Florida?”
- For each show, produced and reported on-air; communicated between video and entertainment departments; gathered b-roll; organized rundown; acquired guests; facilitated interviews
- Launched and managed SouthFlorida.com’s Snapchat
- Awarded 10 Pride Awards, a monthly recognition for above-average work
- Averaged five content items per week including stories, videos and photo galleries
- Photo galleries averaged over 70,000 views
- Diversified online coverage by integrating electronic music in reportage.
- Increased traffic interviewing electronic musicians such as Markus Schulz, Steve Aoki and Claude VonStroke.
- Urged SouthFlorida.com to cover the inaugural Okeechobee Music Festival, which tripled viewership in two weeks.
Feb. 2015—July 2015 | Jerusalem, Israel
Intern, The Media Line – American news agency specializing in the Middle East
- Pitched and published articles focusing on Middle Eastern culture
- Worked as a production assistant for videos projects around Israel
- Gained understanding of political, social and economic policy of the MENA region
- Updated databases upon the rebranding of the website
- Transcribed hours worth of interviews
Nov. 2014—Jan. 2015| Naples, Fla.
Staff Writer, The Naples Herald – start-up digital news publication
- Promoted from freelance to full-time within the first month of working
- Demonstrated time management by meeting daily deadlines
June 2014—Aug. 2014 | Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
- Received and accepted an offer to extend internship at editor’s request
- Composed over 66 articles for print and online in English and Spanish, making the front page
- Achieved an average of 450 page views per online publication
- Designed, edited and arranged 6 videos associated with SouthFlorida.com
- Implemented photo galleries for SouthFlorida.com as well as the Spanish counterpart, El Sentinel
- One gallery from an NBA finals game garnered over 11,000 page views
- Earned nearly 27,000 page views on all content created during internship
Aug. 2012- May 2014 | Gainesville, Fla.
Reporter, WUFT – University of Florida news station reaching 16 counties in Florida
- Covered local elections in 2012, breaking the news with live updates and candidate interviews
- Acquired on-air camera and radio experience during live and prerecorded segments for WUFT-TV’s 5 p.m. newscast, First at Five, as well as WUFT-FM’s Front Page Edition of All Things Considered
- Met deadlines and multitasked when creating news packages involving reporting, writing, shooting and editing using Adobe Premiere Pro and Final Cut Pro
Jan. 2014—April 2014 | Apopka, Fla.
Intern, Pink Sneakers Productions – producer for TV networks like CMT, VH1 and MTV
- Assisted with post-production, editing content airing on CMT’s My Big Redneck Family
- Modified over 2 hours of recorded interviews footage down to several minutes
Jan. 2014—April 2014 | Gainesville, Fla.
Intern, GainesvilleScene – start-up digital publication
- Researched information and initiated business development in four new cities for upcoming Scene publications
- Curated playlists for “Your Weekly Dirty Dozen”
- Gained better understanding of start-up companies
- Produced video content showcasing Gainesville’s culture
Dec. 2013—April 2014 | Gainesville, Fla.
Brand Ambassador, Klique – social media platform
- Advanced marketing skills while promoting the social media app
- Honored as the first ever Campus Ambassador of the Month, February 2014
- Conducted media outreach to ensure press coverage on the day of the app’s lauch
- An article was published on the fourth page of the Independent Florida Alligator, a newspaper with a daily circulation of 35,000
Jan. 2014—April 2014 | Gainesville, Fla.
Marketing and Promotions, Evolve Group – leading electronic dance music promotion company in Gainesville
- Organized and executed events that supported activations
- Increased audience engagement and ticket sales for live music events
Nov. 2013 | Orlando, Fla.
Night Owl Volunteer, Insomniac Events – organizer of major electronic dance music festivals
- Gained understanding of event operations from on-site experience working behind-the-scenes withInsomniac Events, a major tour promotion company for electronic music events in America
June 2012—Aug. 2012 | New York, N.Y.
Intern, 4th Row Films – production company specializing in documentaries and branded marketing
- Created the Connecticut Challenge’s official promotional video while serving as a production assistant
Scouted and secured locations for upcoming shoots
Updated databases while performing media outreach and business development
Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications-News
University of Florida | Gainesville, FL
Minors: Spanish and theater
Dean’s list: spring 2011, fall2011, fall 2012, spring 2013, fall 2013
Study Abroad Program | Sydney, Australia
University of Florida’s College of Journalism and Communications
Coursework: Video Storytelling and Sports and Travel Reporting
Completed assignments using Adobe Premiere Pro C6 and WordPress.com
Study Abroad Program | Buenos Aires, Argentina
University of Belgrano
Coursework: Spanish translation, History of Argentina, Argentine Literature
Courses taught in Spanish
SKILLS & AWARDS
- Award: Excellence in Feature Writing – Integrated Storytelling (honorable mention) from the Society for Features Journalism
- Garnered over 30,000 hits on personal YouTube channel
- Languages: English and Spanish
- Participated in the 30th annual International Radio and Television Society Career Workshop – competitively selected via national competition to attend March 2014 conference
Member, Nap Girls
- a creative collaboration for women and GNC individuals in the music industry with a common goal of nurturing, empowering and educating one another.
Member, Panhellenic Counselor
- Ambassador within the Greek community with a primary focus on leadership and communication skills
Morale Staff, Dance Marathon
- Organized and oversaw in house events and activities for dancers during the 26.2 hour long philanthropy
Announcing Chair, Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority
- Chapter representative and public relations liaison responsible for maintaining communication between various campus organizations
Member, UF National Broadcasting Society
- Produced in-depth investigative news stories for TV and radio using professional recording equipment and Adobe Premiere Pro C6
- Improved news reporting skills
- Developed and researched story ideas before presenting pitches in a newsroom environment
- Polished on-air performance skills including voice work, stand-ups, interviews, anchoring and live shots
- Completed class projects using professional camera equipment and Adobe Premiere Pro C6
- Gained awareness of different cultural and commercial customs within Spanish speaking Countries
- Developed marketing proposals and advertising strategies for products
- Presented 30 minute product proposals entirely in Spanish
- Practiced proper usage of tools such as professional cameras, tripods, microphones and lights
- Captured and edited footage using professional television cameras and Final Cut Pro to generate video content
- Created news packages for WUFT-TV
- Simulated real world work environment within a news studio and radio booths
- Conducted interviews, researched stories, spent time on air.
- Edited content using KLZ Newsroom
- Further increased existing skills in this workshop style class
- Improved editing techniques such as audio mixing, modifying speed, stills and graphics, color correction and transitions